Warning Signs That You Need a Brake Repair
Of all the safety systems on your vehicle, nothing is more important than your brakes. Although you can't always tell the exact condition of every part of your braking system, there are some warning signs to remember that can alert you to a problem and might help you avert a disaster.
Know Your Warning Signs
Any of the following can be an indication that your brakes are failing. Don't take a chance! If you experience any of these conditions, it's time to see an auto repair mechanic and get a professional brake service evaluation.
- Any kind of squealing, grinding or scraping noises coming from your car, especially when applying brakes, is a sign of trouble and should be examined immediately by a mechanic.
- Pedal Movement. If your brake pedal depresses farther than normal when you apply your brakes, there could be a problem. Your brakes may be worn thin, or your system may have developed a problem with the hydraulic lines or cylinders and you need to get it serviced.
- Pedal Softness. A soft, unresponsive brake pedal is a common sign of brake failure. If you have to push harder than normal to stop your vehicle, you may need new brakes or a brake cylinder may be failing. Be sure to get it serviced immediately.
- Fluid Leaks. There are several systems in your vehicle that could be responsible for a drip or leak under your vehicle, one of them being your brakes. If you begin to see spots where you park, get to an auto service center as soon as possible.
- Pulls To One Side. If your steering pulls to the right or to the left when applying brakes, one of your hubs could have a serious problem and needs to be checked out.
- Brake Pedal Bounces. If your brake pedal bounces or vibrates when pressed, your brakes may be failing and need to be examined immediately.
- Steering Wheel Movement. If your steering wheel shakes or shimmies when braking, your vehicle needs immediate attention.
Get Professional Service
If you are looking for quality auto service in Fairview Heights, IL, check out Hotz Automotive. Our experienced team of professionals can get you a quote to put your brakes back in perfect order, and won't break the bank. Give us a call or stop by one of our locations today.